Terms & Conditions - Training Programmes
By accepting the invitation to participate in Berkshire Hockey’s Development Centre (DC) or Academy Centre (AC) Programme, both the player and parent and/or guardian agree to and understand the following:
This notice applies to you if you are either:
- A place on the programme will not be confirmed until a completed registration form and payment have been received by Berkshire Hockey Association.
- The programme may including match fixtures and it is understood that all parties will be kept fully informed of these activities.
- The named player will be brought to and collected from the pitch and that if the accompanying adult chooses to leave the immediate vicinity, then a valid contact telephone number will be left with the Team Manager for the period of absence and the parent/guardian agrees to being no more than a 10 minute travel distance from the location.
- Berkshire Hockey Association will be immediately informed of any changes to the information stated on the initial registration form.
- If the player is taking any regular or ad-hoc medication (eg an inhaler), it will be appropriately named/labelled and taken to all training sessions (and matches if scheduled) and the medication will be handed to the Team Manager or they will be informed of its’ location as a minimum.
- In the event of any minor injury to, or illness of the named player during the period of training or match play, the injury or illness will be dealt with appropriately by Berkshire Hockey officials.
- In the event of a serious injury or illness, it is understood that all reasonable steps will be taken to contact the accompanying adult in the first instance. In the event of the accompanying adult being unavailable, any emergency treatment will be carried out by medically trained personnel (ambulance crew, hospital medics). It is understood that the head coach or Team Manager will be in contact as soon as possible to inform of such emergency treatment.
- Berkshire Hockey Association do not permit photography or video content to be taken without the written consent of the player and parent/guardian. In line with the recommendation set out in England Hockey’s Safeguarding and Protecting Young People Policy, and associated good practice, Berkshire Hockey Association request that parents/guardians complete a Photography Consent Form before the commencement of a season. BHA also reserves the right to challenge and report anyone they deem to be taking or recording inappropriate images.
- Without the written consent of all parties within the squad, no photographic or video footage will be permitted.
- We ask that careful consideration be given to any image or video posted on social media sites, which have the potential to be shared outside of the UK where UK laws do not prevail.
- Refunds will only be approved in the case of proven long-term injury.
- It is understood that every effort will be made by the Coach(es) and Team Manager to ensure the safety and care of the player during the training or match time specified, once the player has registered attendance at the session.
- Both player and parent/guardian agree to comply with the England Hockey Code of Ethics and Behaviour.
- All data held by Berkshire Hockey Association will be held securely in line with GDPR and published privacy policies (general and junior versions) detailed at http://www.berkshirehockey.org/policies.